Political asylum for a Venezuelan citizen

Asked 10 months ago - Houston, TX

I am not from US, in fact I have just got here in Houston yesterday from Venezuela. I need to see if I could qualify for political asylum for me and my family. Therefore, I need a good Attorney from the Houston, TX area if possible.

1. F. J. Capriotti III

4

Answered . Search Avvo, or go here: www.ailalawyer.com

2. Wendy Rebecca Barlow

4

Answered . You may qualify for asylum if you can establish a well-founded fear of persecution based upon your political opinion, religious beliefs, race, nationality, and/or membership in a particular social group. You can look for an attorney in your area on this site.

3. Alejandro E. Garcia

Pro

2

Answered . Look for an experienced immigration attorney right here on AVVO. You can also search through AILA.

4. Jorge Ivan Pardo

2

Answered . I am sure you can find an experienced immigration attorney in the Houston area who can advice you on the requirements for asylum.