Police responded to my home on noise complaint ,no town noise ordinance, police say it is "anytime after darkwhat are my rights?

Asked over 1 year ago - Redding, CT

musicians/band forced to practice evenings due to work schedules, 1 or 2 Xs a wk no later than 10:30 usually sun and fri nights. we are closing on our house next month,completing a rent to own agreement. we specifically bought this home due to 4 acres and neighbor seclusion to avoid disturbance although we have never had this problem elsewhere.we never have parties ,landlord s(selling us the house) aware of this, and does not violate lease terms.police arrived demanding IDs and requesting our landlord's name. we told them we have lived here 4 mths with no issues until now .they told us anytime after dark we have to play at a low vol,cops didnt measure noise just took neighbors word for it.low vol is nearly impossible to keep low in order to hear each other,this is my career, help?

1. Cheryl Rivera Smith

Answered . Volume is subject to interpretation. Maybe you can all plug the system into headphones with microphones and play as loud as you wish with the sound going directly into your ears. Alternatively, you can become friends with your neighbors and come to an agreement on practice hours. Obviously someone is complaining.