Police Report (Officer Lied On Statement)

Asked over 1 year ago - Boston, MA

I was in a car wreck a few months back (3 car accident). When the officer arrived, he only let the person in the front car talk. She placed blame on a car in front of her which was not involved in the accident.

However, every time anyone else tried talking, the officer would say, "I can only write what I see."

He never took a statement from my mother or I.

The person that hit us from the back insurance company just sent my mother a copy of the police report (3 months later). Now we're finding out that the cop lied.

He put on the report that my mother said she hit the car in front of her, then she was hit from behind.

Neither of us received a chance to tell what happened, only the people in the front car, but now we see the officer has written what he wanted to!!!

1. George Costas Andriotis

Pro

4

1

Answered . Is your mother being sued? Do you just want a correct report?

2. William H. Lawson

Pro

4

1

Answered . There are many attorneys who have successfully overcome unfavorable statements in a police report. In many cases - without the police officer present - a police report itself will be deemed inadmissible as hearsay. You should seek a personal injury lawyer in your jurisdiction and explain the situation to him/her.

3. Jeffrey Mark Adams

4

Answered . Don't know your question, but you should report this to her insurance carrier.

4. Neil Burns

2

Answered . Sorry to hear about your situation. Generally speaking if you've been rear ended (and sober) it usually works out. The police report is not the most important document associated with your case. You need a local attorney to help get full compensation for your injuries and damages.

5. George A Malliaros

2

Answered . You need to speak with the officer's supervisor. Call the station and ask for the Chief of Police. If you get the run around , make a written request and include what you said in this post. If you are ignored, speak to a politician,, like a Selectman or City Councilor.

Pro

3

Answered . Don't worry about the police report. When a person is hit from the rear, it is the other person's fault 99 times out of 100. Retain a local car accident lawyer for representation.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com