Police officer gave me ticket and took fingerprint for driving without a license, This wont mke me eligible for deferred action?

Hawthorne, CA |

hello, in my whole life i have received four tickets for driving without a license, and another ticket for a red light, which i was picture taken by a camera. I obviously paid all of them, however, I am scared the this will affect me to be part of the deferred action? oh i forgot, for one of those four tickets, the police officer took my finger prints,.. I want to be sure if this is going to affect me or not! For the rest of the deferred action requirements, I do qualify!.. However this thing about the tickets, its what it bothers me the most!! I want to be sure if i will be eligible! if you can answer my questions asap, it will be great thank you!...

In some jurisdictions "driving without a license" is considered a misdemeanor (even though you only received a "ticket" for it). If more than of these violations are misdemeanor (you should ask a lawyer to obtain your criminal record - assuming you have one - and determine what the legal outcome of each of these incidents) than you could have "multiple misdemeanors" which might make you ineligible.... although there may be something you can do in Court to "clean up" your record. You really should see a lawyer. Remember, if you do not qualify than you essentially turned yourself in to ICE. I am sure that some applicants with more serious criminal record than you have will end up in removal proceedings because they applied and were not eligible due to their "serious" criminal record.
    Ron Tasoff
    Certified Immigration Law Specialist*
    Law Offices of Tasoff and Tasoff
    16255 Ventura Blvd. Suite 1000
    Encino, California 91436
    (818) 788-8900
    ron@tasoff.com
    www.tasoff.com
    *State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization

2. I am sure that, if you have an attorney assist with your application, you will be OK.

___________________________________________________________
    Franco Capriotti - Senior Immigration Counsel
    CAPRIOTTI INTERNATIONAL LAW
    franco@capriotti.com -- 1-503-803-0055 -- www.capriotti.com
    SKYPE MULTI-PARTY VIDEO AVAILABLE

IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR for 10 years -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

3. You don't normally get fingerprinted for traffic tickets. So, one would really need to review what happened in order to determine whether it disqualifies you or not.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

4. California law considers driving without a license to be a misdemeanor. However, for purposes of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, the standard is different and you will likely still qualify.

Contact my office to discuss your scenario further.

Best of luck,

Sanjay Paul, Esq.
    www.latinodreamers.com
    (888) 373-2602

This is not legal advice. No attorney client relationship exists between us.