Police illegally searched my bedroom and removed identification from purse while I was locked in police car outside of home.

Fairfax, VA |

A police officer placed me under arrest without requesting my identification, conducting an investigation. or interviewing two witnesses. After handcuffing me and placing me in the backseat of his squad car I was left alone there for 20 minutes while the officer returned to my home and searched my bedroom to locate my purse that contained my driver's license. A complaint was filed against the police officer the following day and the police department did not respond to the complaint despite repeated attempts to contact Internal Affairs. The arresting officer appeared at the hearing and presented fabricated testimony that resulted in a guilty verdict for domestic assault and battery. The officer's electronic vehicle locator data and six witnesses dispute the officer's testimony.

Did you have a question? Were you represented at trial? When did this occur? DId you file an appeal?

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I am providing educational instruction only--not legal advice. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.

2. More data is needed about how police gained access to a home (was it locked and miles from where you were arrested?,,, or did someone else give access?) (was a victim a witness?)

Hire a local criminal attorney without delay to pursue your righst, including appeal, and civil rights violations.

Curt Harrington Patent & Tax Law Attorney Certified Tax Specialist by the California Board of Legal Specialization PATENTAX.COM This communication is general information and not legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This communication should not be relied upon as any type of legal advice. Please note that no attorney-client relationship exists between the sender and the recipient of this message in the absence of either (1) a signed fee contract and (2) remission of an agreed-upon retainer. Absent such an agreement and retainer, I am not engaged by you as an attorney, nor is any other member of my law firm.