Police clearance report....what do they see?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Shrewsbury, MA

I need to get a police clearance letter to go to this camp as a volunteer soon (all volunteers do). I have a shoplifting case that is technically still open until I finish my community service but it will be dismissed once I finish. I plead not guilty with my lawyer and everything. It was my one no only charge.

WILL I get a clearance letter or will they reject me? And what will sow up on the letter if they give me one? Will it just say I have a shoplifting case open or will it go into the details of the arrest and everything (I was Arragigned already)?

And how long does it take to get one? And how long does it take for an organization to get results of your CORI back in MA?

1. Robert J McCarthy Jr

4

Answered . CORI reports show a person's entire adult criminal history. The CORI report doesn't contain details of an arrest, but will report whether a charge was dismissed, continued without a finding, found guilty, etc.

2. Stephen P. Kelly

2

Answered . Your case is open until it is actually dismissed at the end of your probation period. Therefore, your CORI (criminal record) will reflect an active and pending case with no disposition. The circumstances of your case will not appear, but the charge will.

3. Henry Lebensbaum

1

Answered . What is a police learance report. Never herd of it.

henry lebensbaum esq 300 Brickstone Sq Ste 201 andover, ma -- attorneylebensbaum@verizon.net (978) 749-3606.
    Criminal Law (all courts), Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, theft, SORB, Divorce Child Custody Alimony Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity Juveniles Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury, Guardianship, Conservatorship & Estate Administration & Legal Malpractice. For these & other areas, contact me. Email sent may be copied intercepted or held by computers.

4. Kathleen Ann Black Reynolds

Answered . Is the camp looking for verification that this shoplifting charge is resolved? If so, the police will not be able to verify that because it is still open. The camp will likely request a copy of your CORI. The CORI will show the case as 'open' because you have not completed probation. However, it should show the date probation is due to terminate (and, hence, the charge dismissed), and whether you were found Guilty or received a Continuation Without a Finding (CWOF) or Pretrial Probation. Good luck.

The information provided here is not to be constituted as legal advice.