Police clearance report....what do they see?

Shrewsbury, MA |

I need to get a police clearance letter to go to this camp as a volunteer soon (all volunteers do). I have a shoplifting case that is technically still open until I finish my community service but it will be dismissed once I finish. I plead not guilty with my lawyer and everything. It was my one no only charge.

WILL I get a clearance letter or will they reject me? And what will sow up on the letter if they give me one? Will it just say I have a shoplifting case open or will it go into the details of the arrest and everything (I was Arragigned already)?

And how long does it take to get one? And how long does it take for an organization to get results of your CORI back in MA?

CORI reports show a person's entire adult criminal history. The CORI report doesn't contain details of an arrest, but will report whether a charge was dismissed, continued without a finding, found guilty, etc.

None of the information or materials posted above is intended to constitute legal advice. Viewing this and any response to a question does not constitute an attorney client relationship. Local counsel should always be consulted before contemplating or taking any legal action. Any reply given to any question is general in nature and should not be undertaken without the express advice of a retained attorney of your choosing. Attorney is licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Most responses are based on Massachusetts law and or any other response is intended to be only an educated response, and not the legal opinion of the author. Any response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The person asking the question should independently verify the accuracy of any response.

Your case is open until it is actually dismissed at the end of your probation period. Therefore, your CORI (criminal record) will reflect an active and pending case with no disposition. The circumstances of your case will not appear, but the charge will.

Law Office of Stephen P. Kelly (508) 983-1479--Criminal Defense, Military Law, Divorce & Family Law, Appeals. DISCLAIMER: Answers to posted questions are for general interest only and do not constitute legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is established by virtue of any answer posted by the attorney.

What is a police learance report. Never herd of it.

henry lebensbaum esq 300 Brickstone Sq Ste 201 andover, ma -- (978) 749-3606.
Criminal Law (all courts), Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, theft, SORB, Divorce Child Custody Alimony Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity Juveniles Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury, Guardianship, Conservatorship & Estate Administration & Legal Malpractice. For these & other areas, contact me. Email sent may be copied intercepted or held by computers.

Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex Offenses, SORB, Crimes involving Violence or Theft, Domestic (Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony and Child Support) and Family Law (Modification, Contempts & Paternity), Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury claims, Probate Law (Guardianships, Conservatorships & Estate Administration) and Legal Malpractice. For these and other areas, contact me. NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.

Is the camp looking for verification that this shoplifting charge is resolved? If so, the police will not be able to verify that because it is still open. The camp will likely request a copy of your CORI. The CORI will show the case as 'open' because you have not completed probation. However, it should show the date probation is due to terminate (and, hence, the charge dismissed), and whether you were found Guilty or received a Continuation Without a Finding (CWOF) or Pretrial Probation. Good luck.

The information provided here is not to be constituted as legal advice.