Skip to main content

Police charged my husband with simple battery against me can i have the charges dropped when it goes to court

Calhoun, GA |
Filed under: Domestic violence

I did not want him to be arrested. I called the police because they could arrive before his dad could get there to get him out of the house. Our two small children were there and i did not want them to be witness to his yelling. This has not occured before. He was under the influence of alcohol. I told them that he grabbed my arms and pushed me. I was not hurt at all, no marks, but that's all it took.

Attorney Answers 1

  1. Make an appointment to meet with the prosecutor before the court date. No guarantee that they will drop the charge, but you can at least let them know where you stand.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics