Police arrest me yesterday Because I steal makeup in JCPenney

Asked almost 2 years ago - Downers Grove, IL

I never been arrested before I have good credit. I steal in JCPenney $50 Makeup And then This is my first time I don't know why I do that I am so confused and I'm scared I didn't want to go to Jill Next month I have a court date I don't know what I have to say Front of the Judge Can you give me a some advice please What I am going to do? Where I find a lawyer?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Scott Stewart Finger

    Contributor Level 5


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I believe this has already been answered. You need to contact a lawyer. Many lawyers offer a free consultation to discuss your case before you decide whether you want to retain their services. Please do so.

    This answer should not be considered legal advice, is for informational purposes only, and no attorney-client... more
  2. Judy A. Goldstein

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You asked the same question twice. You received some outstanding answers the first time you asked. No need to ask again as you will not get any more or better answers.

    Please hire an attorney to help you with this. There is very little we can do to help in in this online forum except to tell you that you should not discuss your situation online in this or any other public forum or with friends or family. Your relationship with your attorney is confidential. Your attorney will help you. There are many good lawyers in your area.

  3. Brandon Kenneth Davis


    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Same answer: I agree with the other answers. You should consult with an attorney to discuss your case. Depending on how you were charged, you may be facing a Class A Misdemeanor (value under $300). It may be possible to resolve the matter in a way that will not effect your future or public record (theft school, deferred prosecution w/ community service, or supervision). Many of us offer free consultations.

    The information contained in this answer is offered for informational purposes only. This information does not... more
  4. Daniel G. Galivan

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Retail Theft is a Class A misdemenaor, that carries a possible sentence of up to one year in jail. As a first offender, however, you should not be concerned about a jail sentence being imposed. Having said that. because it is a jailable offense, the judge will require you to hire an attorney unless you qualify for the services of the public defender. Assuming the evidence against you is sufficient for the state to prove its case (which it may very well not be), an experienced criminal defense attorney can still achieve either a dismissal or other disposition that will allow you to remove this mistake from your permanent record (this is crucial for your future employment prospects). You should also know that the store's lawyers will make a civil demand against you, threatening you with a lawsuit if you do not pay them. Accordingly. you should hire an attorney who knows how to handle this demand as well as the criminal charge. Most of us will provide you with a free consultation to discuss your options and fee arrangements. www.galivanlaw.net

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,122 answers this week

3,377 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,122 answers this week

3,377 attorneys answering