Points for Driving without reasonable consideration?

Asked 6 months ago - City Of Industry, CA

Hello, I recently traveled to ireland and was involved in an accident. I just received a notice in the mail saying I will be receiving 2 points for driving without reasonable consideration. Could someone please tell me what this means? Does this mean I will be receiving 2 points that will be in my DMV record for 3 years? Is there any way for me to reduce the points by taking a defensive driving course?

1. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

2

Answered . I am not certain if the CA DMV will recognize an offense committed in another country. You might want to contact an attorney in Ireland.

ANDREW ROBERTS CRIMINAL AND TRAFFIC TICKET DEFENSE ATTORNEY
  2. Greg Thomas Hill

Answered . The offense of driving without reasonable consideration, under Irish law, sounds like reckless driving under California law. Before considering the consequences, you may want to contact a DMV attorney who can help you contest the imposition of such points because the elements of this offense in Ireland may really not meet the standards of California law, meaning the DMV cannot attach points to your license as you describe. The same attorney may be able to advise you whether traffic school is an option.

3. Stephen Ross Cohen

Answered . I agree with both counsel and I did not know there was driving under the influence or anything like that in Ireland. Ha Ha