Pods inc. is damaging my property, they refused me access, refuse to return my calls to settle, who can help me get results?

Denver, CO |
Filed under: Civil rights

Short version: Pod arrived at storage center 3 days late, items are being damaged by tree sap from wooden beams/employee damaged property. After first visit called them to get started on the claim and gain access to my pod for medical device for my back. In the meantime my back went out worse than I ever experienced and I lost the ability to walk/stand,etc. They wouldn't schedule me until over a month later after I got a SR manager. They are charging me for insurance and will not supply a second pod to move my stuff into out of harms way, My things have to be stored until dec, so I can't see the extent of the damage in the back. I can't file for insurance since I get one chance. They only allow 60 days to file a claim, yet they refuse to call me back with any resolution or options.

There is, unfortunately, no simple answer and no simple "this person can help you." An attorney will need to review your agreements with Pods. You can bet that those terms give them loads of outs to do any number of things, whether they harm you or not. So if you want to see about results (and no attorney, no matter how experienced and skilled, can guarantee they can get what you may want), speak with several local experienced contract attorneys and they can review the agreements and the facts and see what options you may have. Good luck.

This answer is for informational purposes only and is not legal advice regarding your question and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

Call your state or county bar association and request a referral or try the avvo 'find a lawyer' tab to locate an attorney near you.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this or any other matter.

Civil rights topics