POA for inmate in TX Fed. Prison, POA agent in FL.. Same POA or two separate POAs?

Asked over 1 year ago - Pensacola, FL

My husband is an federal inmate in Texas, our home is in Florida. He wants to make me his POA, I already have the forms for FL Durable POA, will we need separate POA for TX? Also, I have separate Med POA for TX, will the FL POA cover the medicial too, or do the TX Med POA need to be completed?

Before he was incarcerated, he was a FL resident. FBOP moved him to TX; but all this accounts, property, etc, is in Florida.

1. Adam Troy Rauman

Pro

2

1

Answered . If your husband was a FL resident when the documents were drafted and signed, there shouldn't be a need for new documents. That being said, it may be a good idea to have TX documents drafted if that is where the documents will be used most often.
    In any event, please use an attorney to draft the document to ensure proper language and execution.

2. George Costas Andriotis

Answered . If your husbands documents were completed in FL and he was a FL resident he should be fine but I would consult an attorney to look into all the facts and circumstances.