Skip to main content

PO office says I cant not go to my residence and will not take me off house arrest even though it was up today.

Mckees Rocks, PA |

DUI- 2 years probation-90 days house arrest. Two weeks into my house arrest I was arrested for simple assault. Spent close to thirty days in jail. Will that count towards house arrest? Furthermore, I was only let out of jail on a detainer if I would go to 3/4 house. After I do all of my classes the simple assault charge will be dropped. However that's in 11 weeks. I haven't seen my children/wife for 3 months. The magistrate said I could go home but my original judge signed off I couldn't go home. My question is when would I be able to go home and when will house arrest be over since my 90 days are up although I spent some time in jail?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Your situation requires a detailed private consultation with an experienced attorney in order to answer any of your questions. If you want to minimize the negative consequences then you need such help. No response you could possibly get on the Internet will serve as a substitute.


You should ask the attorney who represented/represents you on the charge for which you got house arrest. No one hear is familiar with the facts and circumstances of your case.


In order to really get a good answer, you need to sit with an attorney. I would have many questions as there are many issue intertwined here.

This is not intended as individual legal advice and there is no attorney client relationship established by this answer. It is advisable that you seek individualized legal assistance. This is not a substitute for hiring an attorney.

William A. Jones Jr.

William A. Jones Jr.


That sounds like an invitation worth accepting.


There is no easy answer here. You need an attorney to dig through the specifics of your sentences. Typically once a sentence of house arrest is assigned, time served after the fact will not count. Your time in jail was because of new criminal charges not the original charge or which you received house arrest. I would contact an attorney asap.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer