Pls help, can someone who is DACA approved... (deferred action for young adults), file for another person?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Houston, TX

My friend's wife withdrew her form i-130 when immigrations questioned her.... I am DACA(deferred action for young people) approved, can I marry my friend and help them stay in the country?

Thanks for your feedback, I am grateful. However, the marriage between my friend and I is not just solely based on immigration benefits. I am aware that it is a serious crime. Probably it was the question was phrased, that caused such misunderstanding. Thats was why i posted it.We do intend to get married with or without immigration laws.
Thanks

1. Jennifer Doerrie

5

Answered . Hello,

As my colleague mentioned, it is not possible for a person with deferred action to sponsor anyone else for any immigration status or benefit. Additionally, marriage solely to convey immigration status is considered fraud, which carries very substantial immigration and criminal law penalties. That may not have been exactly what you meant by your question, but please do be very careful what you post in public forums.

The best way you can help your friend is to encourage him (either with out without his wife) to consult as soon as possible with a licensed, experienced immigration attorney. He needs to find out whether he has other viable immigration options. For assistance locating immigration attorneys in their area, they can look here on Avvo, at www.aila.org, or www.immigrationlawhelp.org.

Best wishes,
    Jennifer

2. Lalita Haran

4

Answered . DACA does not give you any lawfu status let alone the ability to file for anotherperson. Unfortunately, marriage to confer immigration benefit is not right. Please don't ask such questions.

3. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . I agree with my colleague.