Pls can some help, i had my marriage base interview with my wife on 04/13/12 and the interview the IO told us that everything

Asked almost 2 years ago - Dallas, TX

Pls can some help, i had my marriage base interview with my wife on 04/13/12 and the interview the IO told us that everything looks fine. IO took my i-94 and say that she will take our stuff to the superior for further approval.That she can not make the final decision alone. Pls do some one know what this means.Since then i have not receive anything from USCIS

1. Sonali Patnaik

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . It is common at the Dallas District Office that the officer conducting the interview is not the sole decision maker on your case. They often send cases up for supervisory review, if the IO is new, in training, or there are any criminal/unlawful presence/I-864 issues to clear. You should recieve an approval notice or a request for additional evidence within 30-45 days. If you do not, you can schedule an Infopass appt to inquire or contact a local immigration attorney to follow up with USCIS on your case.

2. Robert West

Answered . Possible. However, normally, most cases are approved when they meet the criteria at the interview.

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . It means exactly that, that the officer needs to clear the case with the supervisor.

4. Elizabeth Clare Surin

Pro

Answered . It has not been that long. Now, everything has to go through the supervisor. No more immediate answers or I-551 stamp as in the old days. Prepare to wait 30-60 days, and then you can make an Infopass appointment to see what the delay is, if any.