Pls can some help, i had my marriage base interview with my wife on 04/13/12 and the interview the IO told us that everything

Dallas, TX |

Pls can some help, i had my marriage base interview with my wife on 04/13/12 and the interview the IO told us that everything looks fine. IO took my i-94 and say that she will take our stuff to the superior for further approval.That she can not make the final decision alone. Pls do some one know what this means.Since then i have not receive anything from USCIS

It is common at the Dallas District Office that the officer conducting the interview is not the sole decision maker on your case. They often send cases up for supervisory review, if the IO is new, in training, or there are any criminal/unlawful presence/I-864 issues to clear. You should recieve an approval notice or a request for additional evidence within 30-45 days. If you do not, you can schedule an Infopass appt to inquire or contact a local immigration attorney to follow up with USCIS on your case.

Thank you for the great information.

Possible. However, normally, most cases are approved when they meet the criteria at the interview.

Thank you sir

It means exactly that, that the officer needs to clear the case with the supervisor.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Thank you sir

It has not been that long. Now, everything has to go through the supervisor. No more immediate answers or I-551 stamp as in the old days. Prepare to wait 30-60 days, and then you can make an Infopass appointment to see what the delay is, if any.

An attorney-client relationship is not formed by my responses to questions on Avvo. My responses are not intended to be legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice.

Thank you somuch for this great answer. it was a great relief.

Marriage and prenups topics