Please translate this to layman terms.

Atlanta, GA |

Right to Injunction. The parties hereto acknowledge that the services to be rendered by the Contractor under this Agreement and the rights and privileges granted to the Company under the Agreement are of a special, unique, unusual, and extraordinary character which gives them a peculiar value, the loss of which cannot be reasonably or adequately compensated by damages in any action at law, and the breach by the Contractor of any of the provisions of this Agreement will cause the Company irreparable injury and damage. The Contractor expressly agrees that the Company shall be entitled to injunctive and other equitable relief in the event of, or to prevent, a breach of any provision of this Agreement by the Contractor. Resort to such equitable relief, however, shall not be construed to be

cumulative, and no one of the them shall be exclusive of any other or of any right or remedy allowed by law.

Normally, if the Contractor didn't do what it agreed to do, the Company could only sue the Contractor for money damages.

This paragraph says that the Company can sue the Contractor and get the court to actually force the Contractor to perform under the contract.

I hate to be picky, but a contractual provision must be read in the context of the entire contract. Reading a contract out of context can be misleading. I'd recommend that you consult an experienced attorney and have thmreview the whole agreement before you act on any advice.

The above is not a full and complete answer in that it is based on the limited facts known at the time of the answer. With that in mind, the above is intended as a starting point, not to be construed as legal advice. If after reviewing the answer you still have additional questions, please feel free to contact me through my office so we may discuss the matter more fully. I can be reached through our website at

Recommended articles about Employment