Please tell me how to regain physical custody of my child, who was abducted? I'm told that until the abductor is found

Mount Pleasant, SC |

and located, then served. I cant do nothing else. Filed missing child report ( 6 year old) child) with local, and NCMEC. Someone filed taxes on this child. Yet I can't prove who did that, due IRS wont reveal that info, Today 01/06/14 will make two years, I had hired professionals who practice law, but I'm no closer to where I first began. I'm without counsel as of now. Don't they track cell phones today?

I don't practice in South Carolina but generally, there isn't much for an attorney to do unless you need a custody order or a court order to have a person turn your child over to you.

If the abduction was a crime, i.e., a stranger abduction or removal in violation of court ordered custody arrangements, your local law enforcement should be able to get a court order for the tax info.

I have included below a link to another parent's website on finding missing children.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your area who regularly practices in the subject matter which your question is about. You should develop an attorney client relationship with the lawyer of your choice so that your communications will be subject to the attorney client privilege and have the other benefits of a professional relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific matter as partially described in the question.

In addition to what Mr. Rich said, consider hiring a private investigator if the cops are falling short on finding the child.

The foregoing is for general information purposes and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

Child abuse topics

Recommended articles about Child abuse