Please tell me how to regain physical custody of my child, who was abducted? I'm told that until the abductor is found

Asked 8 months ago - Mount Pleasant, SC

and located, then served. I cant do nothing else. Filed missing child report ( 6 year old) child) with local, and NCMEC. Someone filed taxes on this child. Yet I can't prove who did that, due IRS wont reveal that info, Today 01/06/14 will make two years, I had hired professionals who practice law, but I'm no closer to where I first began. I'm without counsel as of now. Don't they track cell phones today?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Michael L Rich

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I don't practice in South Carolina but generally, there isn't much for an attorney to do unless you need a custody order or a court order to have a person turn your child over to you.

    If the abduction was a crime, i.e., a stranger abduction or removal in violation of court ordered custody arrangements, your local law enforcement should be able to get a court order for the tax info.

    I have included below a link to another parent's website on finding missing children.

    NOTE: This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this... more
  2. Thomas C. Nelson

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . In addition to what Mr. Rich said, consider hiring a private investigator if the cops are falling short on finding the child.

    The foregoing is for general information purposes and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,882 answers this week

3,100 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,882 answers this week

3,100 attorneys answering