Skip to main content

PLEASE SHOW ME THE LAW? MC emails me in all caps I MAY NOT get ANY medical, dental, mental health services for child...

Chatsworth, CA |

Without consent from father first, Minors counsel says I can not get any treatment for my child she says. My baby has cavities at early stage. Her dentist referred her out to specialist. her appointment today. This MC is on my back, because she failed to just look at records , interview 3rd parties, and research for self in stead fo taking father's word for everything.

she says to get his consent 1st but I have told him over a month ago she has an appointment and asked what to do. He refuses to converse with me but to call me names in front of our child.

we have 50/50 legal and joint now.

I know there has to be something in the law that allows me to get the treatment my child needs as needed. what is it?

Attorney Answers 1


You will need to go back not on the attack, but to show the court that you gave the appropriate medical records to your ex, offered to and requested he have your daughter see someone of his choice and that still this condition exists and that there is an urgent medical need to see it attended to. This treatment is not life threatening and an Ex Parte hearing would probably only anger the judge and the MC. Be the Tortise and finish the race.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none, but many will offer a free consultation and a face to face meeting generally will be better, I like my clients to write a short one page history of the fact and questions they have prior to meeting with them, so nothing is forgotten.

Mark as helpful

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics