Please review my question from the start ... I was told to get a personal injury lawyer

11373 |

I can't sue my employer . . . . . but can I sue the insurance company ? but even so they are covered by Nyssa . . . . . my employer owns 468 trucks and has different insurance comp . . . I will like thank all the lawyer's for your helping me into better understanding my legal rights . . . I will be getting loose anterior and posterior discernment this week in NU . . . . . my question is after surgery what will be my disability check it is 200 per week . . . does it change or it lowers ? do I get physical therapy and for how long ?

1. It appears that you may not need a personal injury attorney but rather you need a Worker's Compensaton attorney. From what I can tell from your inquiry, your injury is job related. I would suggest you contact a local Worker's Compensation attorney and discuss your claim with the attorney. He/she should be able to resolve your questions. I have added Work Injury to the practice area which should get some responses from Worker's Compensation attorneys. Sorry about your injuries. Good luck.

Mr. Crosner is licensed to practice law in California and has been practicing law in California since 1978. The response herein is general legal and business analysis.. It is not intended nor construed to be "legal advice" but rather it is analysis, and different lawyers may analyze this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

2. If this matter involves an injury that occurred while at work, your best bet is to contact a Worker's Compensation attorney in your area. He/she would be best fit to advise you as to information regarding disability or payments from worker's compensation insurance.

I wish you the very best of luck in dealing with your injuries.

www.dbbwc.com/edlow

3. A workers comp lawyer should be retained, or a personal injury lawyer who also does workers comp.

4. Not likely able to sue ins co. See a work comp lawyer asap.

5. It appears that your sole remedy is through Workers Compensation. If your injury was caused by third party, unrelated to your employer you could sue them, so long as they are mot your co-worker.

Mr. Pascale is licensed to practice law in the State of New York. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and time-lines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Pascale strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their state in order to insure proper advice is received.

6. Workmen's comp lawyer necessary. Speak with a personal injury lawyer if you can sue a third party other than your employer. You can not sue the insurance company.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

7. Workers compensation and associated personal injury concerns are a specialty area. You can only go so far with the Q & A format on the computer even with a good web service like AVVO. So, I recommend that you make some calls today and set up a consultation with a workers compensation attorney ASAP to preserve your rights.

Best luck and here's a general article on worker's compensation to read while you wait:

Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers, North Andover, MA & Derry, NH provide answers for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be given by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, thoroughly familiar with the area of the law in which your concern lies. This creates no attorney-client relationship.

8. I suggest you retain a workers compensation attorney in your area to assist you with better understanding your potential claim.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.

9. You cannot sue the carrier directly. The amount you receive from compensation for the injury and or disability is a function of your average weekly wage for the year prior to the injury. You may be able to also pursue social security disability if you have enough quarters in prior to your disability. So if you worked on the books for five PI of the past ten years you have enough quarters in to receive social security disability.