Please may I ask if in Iran one can make a "Will" to disinherit a relative who is due to receive their estate on their death.

Can you decide who gets your estate? I live in the UK and am making a will in the UK. I want to leave my estate to a friend (not living relatives). Will my requests in the Will document made in the UK be enforceable in Iran? If I want this to happen, how can I do it? Thank you in advance.

New York, NY -

Eric Edward Rothstein

Eric Edward Rothstein

Criminal Defense Attorney - New York, NY

I doubt too many lawyers on this site are familiar with the laws of Iran.

L. Maxwell Taylor

L. Maxwell Taylor

Litigation Lawyer - Middlebury, VT

On Avvo US lawyers answer questions about the federal, state and territorial law of the United States. You are asking about whether UK courts will enforce a will written in Iran. Unlikely anyone here will be able to provide helpful information regarding your question at all.

Judy A. Goldstein

Judy A. Goldstein

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Mokena, IL

Only an attorney licensed or otherwise qualified to practice law in Iran can answer your question.

Jayson Lutzky

Jayson Lutzky

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Bronx, NY

Consult with a lawyer in Iran and UK.