Please may I ask if in Iran one can make a "Will" to disinherit a relative who is due to receive their estate on their death.

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

Can you decide who gets your estate? I live in the UK and am making a will in the UK. I want to leave my estate to a friend (not living relatives). Will my requests in the Will document made in the UK be enforceable in Iran? If I want this to happen, how can I do it? Thank you in advance.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

6

Answered . I doubt too many lawyers on this site are familiar with the laws of Iran.

2. L. Maxwell Taylor

5

Answered . On Avvo US lawyers answer questions about the federal, state and territorial law of the United States. You are asking about whether UK courts will enforce a will written in Iran. Unlikely anyone here will be able to provide helpful information regarding your question at all.

3. Judy A. Goldstein

5

Answered . Only an attorney licensed or otherwise qualified to practice law in Iran can answer your question.

4. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

2

Answered . Consult with a lawyer in Iran and UK.