Please list all exceptions to NY's 1 year slander statute of limitations .

New York, NY |

Please list all circumstances that can delay when the statute begins.

That's not really possible because, although there aren't many exceptions, the ones that exist tend to be very fact-specific. There is a decent summary of New York defamation law here: http://www.citmedialaw.org/legal-guide/new-york-defamation-law

The better alternative would be to consult with a competent attorney who has expertise in defamation to discuss the actual facts of your case in detail; that attorney will be able to give you the sort of answer we cannot.

My answer does not constitute legal advice and may not be relied upon by anyone for any purpose and does not constitute an attorney/client relationship or an offer to form such a relationship. This disclaimer is intended to be fully compliant with the requirements of Treasury Department Circular 230 and the terms thereof are fully incorporated by reference. If you wish to consult with me please contact me at dana@nytaxcounsel or visit my website at www.nytaxcounsel.com