Please just answer my workers comp question about private investigators.

Asked over 2 years ago - Tifton, GA

i want to know....."if i am being watched by a PI,would they still be watching me 2 weeks later if they had any surveillence evidence against me?............AND........"would the insurance company keep paying them to watch me if they already had some surveillence evidence against me?

please just answer,i know i need an attorney and i have one.he was out of the office all last week and im super stressed.....

1. Michael Richard Moebes

Pro

1

Answered . "Probably" to both.

2. Thomas L. Holder

1

Answered . Even if an insurance company had some surveillance evidence against you they would continue to pay a PI to continue to watch you. They will want to make sure that their case against you is air tight in case they ask for a hearing in order to suspend your benefits. I have also had clients who thought they were being watched when they, in fact, were not. You are allowed to live your life, just make sure that you are not doing things outside of your restrictions. Good luck.

3. L. Maxwell Taylor

1

Answered . The only general answer I can give you is that the PI, and the entity that hired him, the the only ones who know what evidence has been collected by surveillance, and as a general principle, more evidence of something one is trying to prove is better than less evidence.

Not legal advice, just my two cents. I don't practice law in Georgia or hold licensure there. If you need legal advice, please consult a lawyer who does.

4. Richard Brian Hein

Pro

1

Answered . Just answering your two questions, as requested: Maybe, and maybe.