PLEASE HELP NOW..criminal law

Flushing, NY |

Our landlord caused a dispute in our apartment yesterday. My husband came home and they started arguing. They were both yelling and in each others faces and all of sudden she said he touched her and she was going to the police. If anything because of how close they were to each other it was a light brush. But now a detective called my husband this morning and said he is under arrest because he pushed her and she fell to the ground. He is being told to turn himself in or they will come and get him and he has to wait to see a judge because she is pressing charges. What can we do??? We need help now! Thank you.......criminal law

You need to hire a lawyer and make sure your husband makes no statements to the police when he surrenders or when they come for him. You cannot stop the arrest. It will happen. Plan for it and proceed accordingly.

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

I suggest you retain a criminal defense lawyer ASAP to defend the case and to arrange a voluntary surrender, which will make it more likely the Judge will release him without having to post bail. I am a former prosecutor in Queens County and now handle criminal defense.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers.

Eric Rothstein
11 Park Place, Suite 1100
New York, New York 10007
Phone: 212-577-9797
Email: Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com
Web site: www.RothsteinLawNY.com
Free consultations by phone or in person

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

You need to hire a criminal attorney as soon as possible. An attorney can arrange for the surrender and prevent the police from interrogating your husband. Please feel free to call my firm for a consultation.

Your husband needs to retain a criminal defense attorney. He needs to go over his view of the facts with his attorney and together they would go to the police. He really should not go unrepresented.

It sounds as though your husband should contact a skilled criminal attorney immediately and arrange a voluntary surrender.