Please help me to answer these questions for filling Form N-400, Apply for citizenship. Thank yous

Asked 9 months ago - Oakland, CA

I used to have a fishing without license ticket, from fish and game officer, that's required me to appear at court. It gave me a 575$ fine and i already paid it off 2 years ago. What should i say to question 22, 23, 24, 25 on Part 11. Please provide the "check" answer for each questions.
Question 8, Part 9 - How many times your current spouse been married ? If she never been married anyone before me ( current marriage), i will need to count "1" here. Basically, that "1" is for me. Is this correct ?
If yes, Do i need to provide detail about me below questions 8 ? How do i fill " Date of marriage end?"
For your information, I apply citizenship since i have been permanent resident for 3 years and living with a U.S citizen, my wife.
Thank yous so much

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . You must reveal your ticket and the fine amount. You and she have been married only once, to each other. Good thing that you are still married and living together. Otherwise, you won't qualify under the 3-year marriage rule. Please see

    Mr. Shusterman's (former INS Trial Attorney, 1976-82) response to your question is general in nature, as not all... more
  2. John Qumars Khosravi

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . There are immigration services/advocacy groups that provide free help for doing n-400 forms. Try finding one online.

    The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed... more
  3. Gunda Johanna Brost


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Your post is much too detailed and asks too many form-specific questions to be answered within the purposes of this free online format. You need to find a free service to help you with immigration forms in your community or even better yet, hire an immigration attorney personally.

    Gunda J. Brost Brost Law Office This advice does not form an attorney-client relationship and is merely... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

US citizenship

In order to become US citizens and enjoy the benefits that citizenship grants, immigrants must go through the naturalization process.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,332 answers this week

2,901 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,332 answers this week

2,901 attorneys answering