PLEASE HELP ME I don't know what to do this is a custody/guardianship question. Is anything in my question even legal or allowed

Asked about 1 year ago - Flint, MI

My aunt has guardianship of my 2 children I willing gave her this no cos or anyone was involved the paperwork states visits are to be at my grandmothers house which she has now switched to her house or I can't see them further more she allowed them to stay at mine and my ex's house but wont let them even visit mine and my husbands house for a few hours she removes them from state often ant has threaten to move them out of state for good she refuses to talk to me or even come view my home the home my visits were in was appalling what if anything can I do about this, If I take her to court is there any chance I can get the papers changed for longer visits like weekends and a week out of the summer not asking for full custody just something she cant go against. PLEASE HELP!

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Leslie Ann Silva

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . If you are trying to change visitation, the standard is "the best interest of the child". You should consult with an attorney about whether or not you will succeed since there seems to be a detailed legal history that need to be discussed more in depth.

    Providing answers to questions on AVVO does not create an attorney/client relationship. It is not possible to... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,142 answers this week

3,111 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,142 answers this week

3,111 attorneys answering