Please help me. if you could answer the below questions i am asking on behalf of my hopefully-soon-to-be fiscal sponsor.

Asked about 1 year ago - New York, NY

hi. i have started an awareness project that is international (esp. australia) even tho i live in new york city. i decided upon a wonderful organisation that wants to be my fiscal sponsor. i would like to give him the answers to his questions which i interpret as: since he is a ny 501-c3 can he accpet international donations and what has to be done to allow for that if anything? these are his exact words: Hi Jennifer,

If you could ask your lawyer about a Nonprofit accepting donations from other states- what the legal requirements are for the Nonprofit. How does it work with other countries. I can locate a pro-bono lawyer to help with this if you don't have luck with your lawyer.

Have a great day!

of you could please help me. i do not have moeny. and i need this sponsor to move forward.

1. Jonathan H Levy

3

Answered . Sorry this is really unclear. Who wants to give money to who and why do you need a sponsor? Why not set up your own non profit?

2. Luca Cristiano Maria Melchionna

1

Answered . Your question is a bit confusing. I do not really understand what you want to accomplish. DO you want to open a no-profit in Australia? If that is the case, you need to talk to an Australian attorney. Certainly an Australian no-profit should be capable of receiving donation from the US. In any case, please clarify your answer. Best.

3. Richard S Sternberg

Pro

2

Answered . I agree with my colleague. That description is useless, and I have no idea where to start to answer. But, I do know what you should do. Your "sponsor" says he can find a lawyer to address this issue pro bono. What you need is a lawyer to clarify and then respond to your questions and plan your charitable entity. Take your friend up on find a lawyer to sit down with you and define the issues.