Please help me. if you could answer the below questions i am asking on behalf of my hopefully-soon-to-be fiscal sponsor.

New York, NY |

hi. i have started an awareness project that is international (esp. australia) even tho i live in new york city. i decided upon a wonderful organisation that wants to be my fiscal sponsor. i would like to give him the answers to his questions which i interpret as: since he is a ny 501-c3 can he accpet international donations and what has to be done to allow for that if anything? these are his exact words: Hi Jennifer,

If you could ask your lawyer about a Nonprofit accepting donations from other states- what the legal requirements are for the Nonprofit. How does it work with other countries. I can locate a pro-bono lawyer to help with this if you don't have luck with your lawyer.

Have a great day!

of you could please help me. i do not have moeny. and i need this sponsor to move forward.

Sorry this is really unclear. Who wants to give money to who and why do you need a sponsor? Why not set up your own non profit?

This is not legal advice but a general comment on society based on a limited set of hypothetical circumstances. No one should act or refrain from acting based on these comments without seeking appropriately licensed legal or professional advice. The author disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on his comments.

I agree with my colleague. That description is useless, and I have no idea where to start to answer. But, I do know what you should do. Your "sponsor" says he can find a lawyer to address this issue pro bono. What you need is a lawyer to clarify and then respond to your questions and plan your charitable entity. Take your friend up on find a lawyer to sit down with you and define the issues.

Reading an answer on the Internet does not create an attorney-client relationship. You are represented by me when we have both signed a retainer agreement (on paper or electronically) and some money has changed hands. Usually, you will have been asked specific questions about your situation and all potential conflicts of interest will have been resolved. Until then, you have no more right to rely on this answer than if you read it in a novel.

Your question is a bit confusing. I do not really understand what you want to accomplish. DO you want to open a no-profit in Australia? If that is the case, you need to talk to an Australian attorney. Certainly an Australian no-profit should be capable of receiving donation from the US. In any case, please clarify your answer. Best.

This reply is offered for educational purpose only. You should seek the advice of an attorney. The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than an educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the undisclosed individual asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of New York. Responses are based solely on New York Law unless stated otherwise. Pursuant to Internal Revenue Service guidance, be advised that any federal tax advice contained in this written or electronic communication is not intended or written to be used and it cannot be used by any person or entity for the purpose of (i) avoiding any tax penalties that may be imposed by the Internal Revenue Service or any other U.S. Federal taxing authority or agency or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.

Business topics