Please help me. if you could answer the below questions i am asking on behalf of my hopefully-soon-to-be fiscal sponsor.

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

hi. i have started an awareness project that is international (esp. australia) even tho i live in new york city. i decided upon a wonderful organisation that wants to be my fiscal sponsor. i would like to give him the answers to his questions which i interpret as: since he is a ny 501-c3 can he accpet international donations and what has to be done to allow for that if anything? these are his exact words: Hi Jennifer,

If you could ask your lawyer about a Nonprofit accepting donations from other states- what the legal requirements are for the Nonprofit. How does it work with other countries. I can locate a pro-bono lawyer to help with this if you don't have luck with your lawyer.

Have a great day!

of you could please help me. i do not have moeny. and i need this sponsor to move forward.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Sorry this is really unclear. Who wants to give money to who and why do you need a sponsor? Why not set up your own non profit?

    This is not legal advice but a general comment on society based on a limited set of hypothetical circumstances.... more
  2. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Your question is a bit confusing. I do not really understand what you want to accomplish. DO you want to open a no-profit in Australia? If that is the case, you need to talk to an Australian attorney. Certainly an Australian no-profit should be capable of receiving donation from the US. In any case, please clarify your answer. Best.

    This reply is offered for educational purpose only. You should seek the advice of an attorney. The response given... more
  3. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleague. That description is useless, and I have no idea where to start to answer. But, I do know what you should do. Your "sponsor" says he can find a lawyer to address this issue pro bono. What you need is a lawyer to clarify and then respond to your questions and plan your charitable entity. Take your friend up on find a lawyer to sit down with you and define the issues.

    Reading an answer on the Internet does not create an attorney-client relationship. You are represented by me when... more

Related Topics

Non-profit small business

A non-profit business is one that invests its surplus revenues into achieving its goals instead of paying them out as profits or dividends.

International law

International law is a set of agreements made between the United States and other countries. It governs everything from business deals to escaped criminals.

Todd Matthew Heine

Basic reasons for FCPA compliance

As an international business, you may operate in countries where bribing government officials seems like the only way to do business. Before giving a bribe—including small gifts—think about... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,153 answers this week

3,686 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,153 answers this week

3,686 attorneys answering