Skip to main content

Please help me, I need a lawyer for my divorce. My husband is an attorney. I've worked part-time, off for injury.

Mission Viejo, CA |

On second attorney now. I 'm running out of money. I need a pro bono attorney. someone who will fight for me. Everyone is standing up for my husband. I am barely making ends met. I just received a order for temporary support, the number are based upon 2009 and 2010 taxes.; Husband will not cooperate with providing his financial documents,and the attorney state they cannot figure his income. My husband knows how to manipiate the system. We own three properties and my name is on all the properties.

I am amost starving, all my money and tempoary support since April has been given to attorneys. Last support was due on May 15, 2012 and he has not paid .

I told the attorney's and nothing is being done.
Someone please help me.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Have you filed for attorney fees? How much are you paying for an attorney. The problem is that you need to get attorney fees, an affordable attorney, and to get to trial so the money doesn't end. Also a good attorney can get income imputed if you cannot figure out the income.
You should consult with a few other attorneys about your case but the more attorneys you go through the more you're going to seem like a difficult client to other attorneys.

This is just my opinion and not a comprehensive answer. You assume the risk because this answer may not apply to your situation depending on the facts.


You should contact Harriett Buhai Center for Family Law (

New Client: 213-388-7515
New Client Line Hours: Monday -Thursday 1:30pm – 4:30pm

If they cannot help you for whatever reason, they will be able to refer you to additional resources.


You should look for an attorney willing to help get an attorneys fee award if this is possible on your fact pattern. Act quickly.

All written responses are for general informational purposes and do not constitute legal advice. Please consult an attorney for legal advice


Working off of the most recent tax returns is a common method to determine income for support purposes with self-employed as opposed to wage earners where paystubs are key. Still, you need to review bank statements that are current and from 2009 and 2010 - and I am assuming profit and loss statements are not generated by your husband's business since you do not mention those. Owning three properties would likely be a factor against pro bono service for you, but you need somebody to work for you on a retainer that will require set monthly payments that you can afford.

Get Avvo’s 10-part divorce email series

A weekly guide with tips and legal advice for each stage of the process.

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer