PLEASE HELP.CAN A NATURALIZATION CERTIFICATE BE COPIED?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Lakewood, WA

My husband got his citizenship through millitary, we are trying to change my status since my visa expired and they need proof of his citizenship but he is saying that when he was sworn in they told him its illegal to make any copies.
if it...is there any other way to proof it. he doesnt hav a us passport and us birth certificate.

1. Karen-Lee Pollak

6

1

Answered . You cannot copy it unless it is to submit to the government for example with an immigration petition

2. Robert West

5

Answered . Agree with colleagues.

3. J Charles Ferrari

4

1

Answered . It depends on the purpose of the copying. To submit it to USCIS with a petition on your behalf, you can copy it.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.