Please help and give real answers. I'm a 17 year old who is dating a person who is 19. We're both from strict religious families

Asked about 2 months ago - Denver, CO

So if we haven't done any sexual contact nor intercourse would this still be considered illegal? Both families support our relationship and we have been together for half a year now and for the most part it is a long distance relationship. Are we committing a felony we would like to know because though we love each other we can Waite till I am of a legal age to resume our relationship. But would it still be a felony though?

1. H. Michael Steinberg

Pro

3

1

Answered . Bottom line - you are doing nothing illegal - You are of age - and so is he. Of course - being of age does not necessarily me it is the moral thing to do to take the relationship to the next stage without parental involvement.. But that is me speaking as a parent - not as a lawyer.. Here is an article that may help you.. good luck.. H

2. Howard M Lewis

Pro

4

1

Answered . Attorney Steinberg offers you excellent advice. You are doing nothing illegal dating. Good luck.
    a

3. Robert Phillip Odle

Pro

2

1

Answered . The age of consent in CO is 17 so you are not illegal.

4. Jay Scott Finnecy

Pro

2

Answered . You seem to have a guilty conscience. What's up with that? Very difficult to commit any felonies in the course of a long-distance relationship unless he sends you illicit pictures of himself or others... Best of luck to you two young people.

Experienced Criminal Defense Attorney--San Diego County--Free Consultations.