Please help

Asked over 4 years ago - Albany, NY

I am currently in the process of ending a 10 year on and off relationship with a woman. This woman has a history of mental illness and social economic problems. She also has attempted suicide twice as well as been admitted to the mental hospital 3 times...
She is currently living in my home and has all her belongings there. She has threatened to hurt me in my sleep as well as burn my home down. She has also told me that if I leave her she will go to the police and accuse me of rape.My question is this how do I handle this situation. Please help..Thank you

1. Theodore W. Robinson

2

Best Answer

Answered . Speak to a local lawyer immediately and seek assistance. You may need to see if she can be admitted "against her will" to a mental hospital due to her threats. Or you may need to have her arrested for her threats, since they may constitute harassment. That way, the authorites can get involved and perhaps offer her some mental health assistance.

You may also want to contact her doctors to advise them of her threats so that everything is well documented before you seek to evict her from your home.

Then, move to evict her and hope for the best. You obviously can't continue this way.

If this was helpful, please click below. Thanks.

2. Carlos Gonzalez

Pro

Answered . her threats to you may in and of themself may constitute a crime, and as a result you may be able to file charges... at the very least a paper trail of her issues will be an excellent defense to any future accustaion on her part.