Asked almost 3 years ago - Houston, TX

I am US citizen.My brother got engaged from back home with my old friend who is a US citizen.She saw my bro pic and went back home met him and got engaged.My bro came US as fiance with his 2 kids.They got married here and right after we found out She is rude,dominating and control my bro and his teen age kids life.She does the worst.She does not want him to breath without her permission verbally abuses him.He got Residency.she is treats him like slave.He is educated gentleman.
His country has no peace.Any ways him to stay here legally if she divorce him?Can i sponsor him as a sis or if he file asylum due to no peace back home.
I heard wawa (spell)case in abusive relationship?where to get info about it on internet.Any possiblities for him and kid.They want to live here.Any options for them

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Gen Kimura

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Your brothers have multiple complex issues that can not be resolved here. Please hire an immigration attorney and have him/her review his case.

    This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.... more
  2. Neil Ian Fleischer


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You should hire a lawyer. Did he get his green card? Vawa may be an option,, but being rude is not enough. Consult a lawyer in your area

    For more immigration information, please visit

    Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State... more
  3. Robert West

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Your brother should consult with an immigration lawyer to discuss options. Too complex to discuss on this board.

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

US citizenship

In order to become US citizens and enjoy the benefits that citizenship grants, immigrants must go through the naturalization process.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,293 answers this week

3,461 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,293 answers this week

3,461 attorneys answering