Please explain mental health court process

Asked over 1 year ago - Austin, TX

Please explain the mental health court process beginning with admission to the mental health court docket to final sentencing. Thank You.

1. Don Karotkin

2

Answered . This sounds like a simple request, but complying with it in this forum is essentially impossible. The process is very complicated and complex. Lawyers study and work for years to learn it. Entire books have been written on the subject. You cannot learn how to navigate the mental health court process on this or any other website, any more than you could learn to perform surgery.

I suggest that you consult an Austin lawyer who is certified in Estate Planning and Probate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Legal issues relating to mental health generally fall within the jurisdiction of probate courts. A link to the Board's website appears below.

www.tbls.org

2. Christopher Scott Mcham

1

Answered . You could also ask us more specific questions.