Skip to main content

Please advice on I-864 Sponsorship requirements

Fountain Valley, CA |

Hi Experts,

I need your advice on I -864 . My spouse is a US Citizen by birth and we are planning to file concurrent I-130 & I -485. My spouse was student earlier (graduated in June 2012) and worked as a temp in few places last year however from this year april, got a permanent job for an annual income of approx $30,000. Since for the last year W2 of my spouse does not reflect income over 20,000 we are planning to submit the following items :
1. Employment Letter from Employer Stating the start date, Permanent Position and annual income for the position
2. Pay Stubs from April ( Taken from online pay website used by the employer)
3. Last year W2s
Could you please let us know do you think will it be good enough not to have denial or need additional sponsor ?
Thanks in advance,

I am currently in H1 Visa from 2008 and my income is around $60000 per year and since we live in the same residence from april so we are planning to include my income as household income you think that will be a good idea? I am planning to include my pay stubs and W2s as well..

Attorney Answers 4

  1. You've got all the right evidence all lined up. Bur, As you know, your wife's income is quite recent. Thus, just to be on the safe side I would have a cosponsor standing by, Just in case.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

  2. That may be enough, but it is the adjudicating officer who has the last word on whether it is enough or not.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

  3. Try. It should be sufficient.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

  4. Looks like you have enough.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics