Please, EB2 Perm for a Medical Researcher

Dear All: I am a MD, Non Us graduate, without US medical license. I have been here for three in US with H1B visa, as researcher and my current position is assistant professor at medical university. Unfortunately my university doesn't plan to apply for my green card. However, there is a private specialist who has two offices and a research proposal similar to the proposal grant which I am working on that at university and he would like to employ me with a high salary to do his research on his offices' patients and also he tents to apply for my green card on EB2 class. My question: if he is qualified to apply for my green card based on EB2 class? If Yes, how long does this process take long? I much appreciate your valuable advice.

If he regularly employers researchers, he can sponsor you. Unless you are born in the PRC or India, the EB-2 green card process takes only a matter of months.

Please see

Mr. Shusterman's (former INS Trial Attorney, 1976-82) response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Recommended articles about Immigration