Please, EB2 Perm for a Medical Researcher

Asked 6 months ago - Los Angeles, CA

Dear All: I am a MD, Non Us graduate, without US medical license. I have been here for three in US with H1B visa, as researcher and my current position is assistant professor at medical university. Unfortunately my university doesn't plan to apply for my green card. However, there is a private specialist who has two offices and a research proposal similar to the proposal grant which I am working on that at university and he would like to employ me with a high salary to do his research on his offices' patients and also he tents to apply for my green card on EB2 class. My question: if he is qualified to apply for my green card based on EB2 class? If Yes, how long does this process take long? I much appreciate your valuable advice.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If he regularly employers researchers, he can sponsor you. Unless you are born in the PRC or India, the EB-2 green card process takes only a matter of months.

    Please see

    Mr. Shusterman's (former INS Trial Attorney, 1976-82) response to your question is general in nature, as not all... more

Related Topics

Green cards

A green card is a legal document which provides proof that the owner is a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

Carl Michael Shusterman

How to Renew your Green Card

Renewing your Green Card, or Permanent Resident Card, is important. If you have an expired Green Card you may be denied re-entry into the United States. You could also be charged with a... more

Employment-based green cards

An immigrant may be eligible for permanent resident status if he or she has been offered a job in the United States.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,340 answers this week

3,386 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,340 answers this week

3,386 attorneys answering