Please : Do I need to send a copy of I-140 pending notice and 212(e) waiver for my wife's I-485 package?

Asked over 1 year ago - Albany, NY

I filed my I-485 a few weeks ago and now am aiming to file I-485 for my wife. Do I need to send a copy of the receipt notice of pending I-140 and 212(e) waiver since USCIS already has these documents? I know that I should send a copy of pending I-485. What happens if we send extra documents to USCIS?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

14

1

Best Answer

Answered . It is better to err by sending too many documents than not enough.

2. Ian Edmund Scott

3

Answered . I agree..these problems occur when people do not consult a lawyer before they act.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

3

Answered . You really should be talking to your I-140 lawyer ... who should have told you to file your wife's papers at the same time as you filed yours.

The waiver complicates things and makes it even more important that you talk to an attorney.

4. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

1

1

Answered . Consult with the attorney who filed the I140. Sending a duplicate of previously filed document is not a cause for concern