Plead to "Assault in Second degree with sexual motivation" in WA 22yrs ago, bargin REG for next 20yr, do I have to REG in AZ?

Asked about 1 year ago - Tempe, AZ

Plead to "assault in second degree with sexual motivation" 22 yrs ago in WA. Plea bargain required registration for 20 years does this require REG in AZ?

Served 45 days, 2 yrs probation, REG for next 20yr....PERFECT history, 17+yrs of working history in professional/corporate management, married (alleged victim) for 14yrs, 4 children together.

Got traffic stopped, EXP TABS..saw history.. poss pending chrgs.
Went to "free consult" retainer fee $9500, NEED REP, but need affordable rates, or payment/billing.
Wife (myself) & family HIGHLY stressed & worried...PLEASE HELP or point in right DIRECTION
My husband is NOT a predator, criminal, or a bad person, he has done his debt to society for his (alleged/plead) crime,
please respond if there is anything u can help with.


Attorney answers (1)

  1. Elizabeth Marie Mullins

    Contributor Level 4


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Your husband will likely be expected to register in Arizona. However, the registration statutes have significantly changed over the past several years. One potential defense focuses on the language of the registration statutes at the time your husband entered his plea agreement. We can use this information to challenge the case before the prosecutor has the opportunity to obtain an indictment from the grand jury.

    Nothing in this web post constitutes legal advice. If you have a legal question please contact us at www.dmcantor.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,690 answers this week

2,811 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,690 answers this week

2,811 attorneys answering