Plead guilty or not ? for OUI .015

Asked over 1 year ago - Hayward, WI

i can not afford any kind of legal help -- two FAILING businesses at present time to plead guilty i am taking a chance on filing bankrupcy !!!! option 2 pleading not guilty in sawyer co is the only to talk to a court appointed attorney (so i hear from court system ) so what is a person to do

1. John Scott Swimmer

9

Answered . You need to plead not guilty and try to retain a public defender to help you. If this is a first offense you cannot get a public defender because it is considered a civil regulatory offense. This simply means you cannot go to jail. You should also challenge your drivers license suspension. This must be done within 10 days. If you are persistent you can find an attorney who allow payments. But I advise you that handling an OWI without an attorney is a poor choice. Good luck.

2. Ethan Patrick Meaney

Pro

4

Best Answer

Answered . Do not plead guilty without at least talking with an attorney or applying for the services of a public defender. It sounds like you may qualify. If you want to find an attorney in your state here on AVVO just select "Find a Lawyer" at the top of the page. Good luck.

3. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

5

Answered . Option 2: Talk to a court appointed attorney. Many are some of the best attorneys and much better than your option 1

4. Jasen Bodie Nielsen

Pro

5

Answered . If you can't afford a private attorney, then talk to the court appointed one. Don't just go into court and plead guilty without doing so. Best of luck.

Jasen Nielsen

5. Christopher Irvin Simser

5

Answered . I agree my colleagues, particularly attorney Solis.

Many excellent attorneys agree to take court assigned work. It is certainly worth your time to explore this option, or the option of funding a private attorney, before you walk in and plead guilty.

Good luck to you.