Playing the game with w/c insurance company -2 herniated disks+spinal stenosis...lawyers not responding,what to do???

Indianapolis, IN |

Injured Oct.10 2012 .MRI revealed 2 herniated disks and spinal stenosis of lower spine.Got a lawyer and they have been helpful getting my weekly checks until recent weeks when the w/c sent me to their ortho doctor in which he said I can go back to work with restrictions and spine shot.My original treating doctor has already taken me off work due to the heavy lifting requirements my boss requires + my employer has told me not to come back until I'm "fully" healed.
Went to new ortho doc yesterday from referral from original doc and was told to do more PT and it will heal itself? Already done PT with original doc with no effect for 2 months! No checks this week from W/C nor have my 5 emails to my lawyer been answered.
So is my case over from that ridiculous eval? Do I get a settlement? Thanks

Thank you for your swift responses! I tried calling them but only to get the voice mail option.Funny thing is that i have never met my lawyer nor been to their offices.I will try the cert mail option.That was an excellent idea indeed. But still,do you think my case is over?No settlement?

Send your attorney a certified letter, requesting that he contact you immediately, and set up a conference. It is difficult from your post to guess what is going on, and you do have right to meet with your attorney and get questions answered.

If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave Bellmore, NY 11710 Telephone -516.512.6333 Email - Jgold@goldbenes.com

Carmine John Giardino

Carmine John Giardino

Have you ever had a juror hug you as she is leaving the courtroom after the verdict Jeff? Have you ever had a jury forman stop as he is leaving the courtroom and and tell the other side that you are a "damn good lawyer." Have you ever represented someone facing life in prison and gotten a not guilty verdict? Have you ever won a case against the federal government when 92% of them are lost by defense counsel? Have you ever lost a child due to medical negligence? Don't criticize people you know nothing about. We'll leave it at that

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

No, but I've had multiple major law firms, the type that look down on you like you're dirt, apologize in writing for underestimating my little firm, as they sent me 7 figure checks. I've had experts yell at their attorneys in the next room, so that everyone could hear them" that mother f*cker just eneded my career."; I've had attorneys call me up after reading one of my depositions and congratulate me; and my appellate record is Stunning. Now, I've never lost a child due to medical negligence, and God I hope I never do. I've represented many people who've lost children, and money can never heal their wounds. Since I can't imagine that you'd make that up, I'll truly sorry for your loss. Its clear your wounds are deep and still raw. I hope you get the help you need, and eventually find peace.

Have a sit down with your lawyer. It's your case. Good luck

Sometimes, emails are not sufficient. You did not mention any phone calls. Have you called to set up an appointment? If you do not get a response concerning the phone calls, then send the certified mail that the other attorney suggested.

Mr. Padove is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Padove strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received. If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. Burtonap@aol.com (219) 836 2200

Doubt your case is over. if writing to the atty ask if he is still interested in representing you. You may want to set up a consult with another work comp atty in your area. try to meet with one that will actually meet with you.

call again leave a message and if no response in a couple of days call my Indianapolis office and i'll advise you for no charge-317-6360808