Planning to apply for marriage license and my fiancé is illegal immigrant w/ Mexico id

Indianapolis, IN |

We share a 7 year old don together that was conceived in Texas where I once lived and would walk over the border to see him. I came back home and didn't tell him I was pregnant he found me a year later and he's been here ever since working paying taxes. Contacted immigration lawyer they said to marry then I could apply for legal status for him but he has Mexico id is this going to be a problem?

Stick to the immigration lawyer. They know the facts, we do not. Without the facts, the answer would only be a guess.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

I agree with my colleague. It would be worth your time and money to schedule an in person consultation with an immigration attorney to discuss the details of your situation and obtain the proper assistance to avoid any problems.

Responses by Dawn M. Boyd, Attorney At Law, to inquiries on this site are based on the information provided and are for general information only. Any responses and information presented should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor establish the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.

Marriage and prenups topics