Plaintiff obtained judgment but did not follow Rule 9A, how to reopen motion

Plaintiff filed a motion for a lien without following Rule 9A.The court so no opposition. The court allowed it. It is past the time for a reconsideration motion as it was discovered too late. How do you reopen this.

Boston, MA -

David George Thomas

David George Thomas

Litigation Lawyer - Boston, MA

There are exceptions to 9A, such as emergency motions and ex parts motions. Many times, lawyers proceed that way to get a lien. You should move to dissolve the lien - follow 9A.

Erik Hammarlund

Erik Hammarlund

Litigation Lawyer - Vineyard Haven, MA

Best to ask the clerk, to be sure that you properly understand the existing status of the case. You may need anything from a rule 60 motion to an appeal, depending on circumstances.

I also suggest you hire an attorney. When you start getting into technical Rules battles, an attorney's help is usually a good idea.

Tazewell T Shepard III

Tazewell T Shepard III

Litigation Lawyer - Huntsville, AL

I believe the comments above are correct and should help you, but supplement your statement if you are still unsure. Probably best for you to hire an attorney if there is enough $$$ involved to justify the cost.

Related Advice