PL 120.00 02 Assault - 3 1st offense, no priors what am I looking at?

New York |

It all depends on how badly the victim was injured. If your are convicted as charge you could face and maxium of one year in jail or three years of probation. However, probably looking at a plea to a reduced charge of a disorderly conduct and a fine of up to $250.

You are charged with a Class A misdemeanor. You could face up to one year in jail or three years' probation. However, your case is unique; your lawyer will need to know the extent of injuries to the complaining witness, the atitude of the complaining witness, your criminal record, if any, any extenuating circumstances, problems with proving you committed the offense, among other factors. Maybe a good lawyer could convince the District Attorney to reduce the charges against you to a non-criminal offense. In short, you need a competent attorney to advocate for you in view of your potential criminal exposure.