PL - 120.00 01 What will happen?

Asked over 4 years ago - Brooklyn, NY

PL - 120.00 01 I have a clean record and the dude just had a bruise on his nose and such. What am I looking at?

1. Michael Howard Joseph

Answered . They will probably initially charge you with assault. Most likely it will get dropped to a harassment because a bruise is not serious enough of an injury for an assault. Most likely you will end up with a fine.

2. James Joseph Galleshaw III

Answered . Unless there is a significant history between you and the "victim", you should be able to resolve the matter without a criminal conviction, ultimately with a Disorderly Conduct Violation or an ACD (Adjournment in Contemplation of Dismissal), depending on how serious the injury really is, if any. As PL 120.00(1) is an "A" Misdemeanor punishable by up to 1 year in jail and a $1,000 fine, I highly recommend you retain an attorney to ensure it is resolved in a favorable manner.

Feel free to contact me for a free consultation.

3. James Joseph Galleshaw III

4. Theodore W. Robinson

Answered . It will depend upon whether or not the "dude" received medical treatment for the "bruise" on his nose. If he did get it treated by a doctor, then the DA can sustain a Misdemeanor. If not, then its only a Violation to begin with and should be ACODd instead of demanding a plea of any sort to the charge. Oh, and you are also entitled to Youthful Offender treatment as I said in another version of the same question you asked on this site.