Pierce county land management is blackmailing me. What do I do?

Graham, WA |

An inspector came to me and said your going to pay a lot or else then walked away. Took pictures of my house without my permission. I called his supervisor and he said you need to do what your told or we will force you out. The constitution allows protections from the governments invasion of privacy, to search your property for information as well as other means to cause harm to a family in which would either move them out or cause such a financial hardship or even forcing other costs upon a family by using codes and other, When the home was purchased there was no contract with the state as to allow infringement's on your rights. We received another threat letter and by the definition of blackmale it falls right into it. What can we do? I doubt the Sheriff would do anything.

Start by getting a written list of what they are asking you to do. If you have the list take it to a real estate attorney and find out what your rights are and what they are seeking. The County is tasked with code enforcement and there seems to be something wrong with the structure or the real property and you should find out what they want and negotiate a plan for compliance or an alternative.
Good Luck

Please be sure to indicate the best answer. If this answer was helpful, please mark as helpful below. Only. If and until you and I sign an Agreement for Legal Services, I am not your attorney. These answers are provided for informational and/or novelty purposes

Um....I think there is an error in the laws that they are using. As for it is illegal for a state official to obtain information in which to use against you without a warrant. As for code enforcement....that was developed in 1962 and no permits were required prior to then. So, what I am seeing is a government based entity who was founded for one sole reason and that is to create a monetary gain. Also, I doubt the public voted on it and I believe the legislature designed it to create another monetary gain outside of the taxes in which we provide for them already. And, they are using our tax money to take us to court as well. My home is not bothering or harming anyone. I heard there was an issue in a county in the State of Washington where they made a home owner tear down a building. After that was done the owner took them to federal court and demanded the county or state or city rebuild the building as for it harmed no one. If they are so worried about code enforcement then I would like to see them take care of the hundreds of thousands of buildings and structures and other standing and buried that cause harm to our land as well as people. REMEMBER WOOPS? THink of how much money the land management made off that scam....was the public reimbursed? NOPE. SO, to me its a bunch of lazy paper pushers making money off nothing but words that have no real meaning other than to allow the government to blackmale a person or create harm to a family who minds their own business. Also, what can happen if their letters and other are ignored and returned? Can they keep imposing that 1000 penalty? Wow, if this is how the government forms groups to create monetary gains......then we need a civil war to prevent stuff like this.

Shawn B Alexander

Shawn B Alexander

There are cases of home owners being charged with land use violation. see this article. http://www.sanjuanjournal.com/news/240028091.html

Good article. Thanks and the way I see it.....regardless of what it was being used for, there is no harm in the building. Who does it harm? If as for codes, who does it harm? To me the code enforcement and the reason for it is for one thing and only one thing....that is to create a monetary gain to support the federally funded government. I believe this falls under the act of treason or blackmail. Which ever it is I still feel blackmailed. So, I am not the home owner and the owner is my mom who lives in Arizona. She receives these letters and sends them to me. THE home is in a trust. Can that trust be violated? I rent the place and so on. However, they demand permits and those permits allows them to come on to the land and in the home as it is my permission to allow them. I do not want them on and have asked several times to get a search warrant and bring a sheriff with them as if they do not they would be trespassing. I guess I will have to wait till there is a final on this article to see where it goes. I am thinking I am going to contact Myfreedomfoundation.com and see if I can get help to prevent the abuse. This blackmail and abuse of authority. I guess the legal way is more peaceful than a civil war....but in actuality.....its a war against the public to create monetary gains.

Love you buddy...that clip was sooo awesome. THanks for the help!!!

I joined Myfreedomfoundation. Seems to me that the government Is in a war with the public in order to create monetary gains. I talked to the supervisor and he said they were responsible if something happens to someone. Like if a building fell down on someone they are responsible for it. I said BS on that because if they were responsible for stuff like that then why aren't they getting sued for the bridge falling on the semi truck.....especially when they knew the bridge was a mess. He said nothing and changed the subject

I forgot to tell you....there has been no reports of errors on the home. It is only the permit issue they want me to pay for and when they come out to inspect they will make me fix it to their standards and or pay fines. The thing here is my right to privacy on my property I paid for. Nothing gives them the authority to enter this property unless allowed by renter or owner. SO, that is why the permit is needed.....so they can search....without a warrant.....and then have something to go with. Since the have nothing but an air view (which is search without warrant) it is illegal search and seizure. But that I know of for criminal issues. What about civil issues? Does the same apply there? At this point they have sent my mom letters threatening 6000 dollars and 1000 dollar fines per day and so on. SHe is 85 years old and suffers from her illnesses and it is not a good time for her to go through this crap. Cos it may kill her. What can be done?

Shawn B Alexander

Shawn B Alexander

You must appeal the administrative decisions within the time set forth on the notices.

We have appealed their decisions twice and we never received an answer. BUt they keep sending the letters and have been for over 3 years. What can be done to stop them from this harassment? My mom is not medically capable of dealing with this kind of stuff. She is 85 years old and tells me to take care of it but does not give me power of attorney over the issue. So what do I do? Just ignore their letters and keep sending them back or file a harassment suit against them or what? The way they have the law written violates our constitutional rights of privacy. By blackmail with intent to exploit us for profit. The constitution says we have a right to privacy. The law, if it says we have to have a permit for the government agency to enter the property to examine the property to deem it safe or not. Or fine a person for certain errors. THe constitution protects us from government abuse and from what I understand, WE THE PEOPLE did not vote these laws into our law books, the legislature did it to create another avenue to create another way to exploit the public for money. The constitution is clear about what they can not do but they make laws to go around the constitution by stating it in such a way it is not understood by the common person. What can we do to make them stop harassing us and threatening us? I say another civil war needs to be started so the state government treats the public with respect, dignity and honor. Without this.....we are nothing but puppets and we are not free in this land we call America. How can we stop this in a reasonable way?

The other word I wanted to use is extortion...or exploiting. Its basically the same

Shawn B Alexander

Shawn B Alexander

Your mother should hire a lawyer and appeal the decision within the appeal period, or sue the county to stop the enforcement. Bear in mind you will have the burden of proof.

Sue the County to stop the enforcement. Proof is easy. I would say they have no facts to support their assumption there is a problem. Only hearsay of a neighbor that has called the sheriff on me over 50 times in a 15 year period. The building has been up for 10 years and is not harming anyone. If a company states they are liable for someone getting hurt due to an error in a building code, then why do we have insurance to cover those things and why doesnt those outfits ever get sued for bridges falling down, buildings crumbing in earth quakes or houses blow away in wind storms. The company is made for one thing and one thing only and that is to create monetary gains for their theory of how stuff should be built. Just about every one of them are stupid and only go by a book. No common sense in those people