PICKING AND DROPPING PASSENGERS ON RED LANE IN CALIFORNIA CAN I GET A TICKET?

Asked about 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

Hi,
I have recently started to work on share ride where I give ride to people and get's paid electronically.I get a percentage from the company. I drive a personal car and work as self employed. I often dont find any parking area or loading area near my passengers so many times I have to stop in a red lane (when green and yellow is busy) they get's in quickly and I drive off. I dont stop the car engine. Can cop give me ticket for this in Los Angeles If yes how much can it possibly go and will it hurt my insurance?

1. Mohammad Ali Salimi

1

Best Answer

Answered . Yes, you can be cited for stopping in a red zone as the "Red Zone" is indicative of no stopping, standing, or parking. You would likely be cited for violating CA's "Minimum Speed Law" and that carries a fine of about $250 and 1 DMV point.

This is NOT legal advice. No attorney-client relationship exists.
  2. Michael R Crosner

Answered . Yes, can be ticketed (red - not allowed to stop); Believe fine is couple hundred dollars.

3. Linda A Iannelli

Pro

Answered . yes