PICKING AND DROPPING PASSENGERS ON RED LANE IN CALIFORNIA CAN I GET A TICKET?

Hi,
I have recently started to work on share ride where I give ride to people and get's paid electronically.I get a percentage from the company. I drive a personal car and work as self employed. I often dont find any parking area or loading area near my passengers so many times I have to stop in a red lane (when green and yellow is busy) they get's in quickly and I drive off. I dont stop the car engine. Can cop give me ticket for this in Los Angeles If yes how much can it possibly go and will it hurt my insurance?

Yes, you can be cited for stopping in a red zone as the "Red Zone" is indicative of no stopping, standing, or parking. You would likely be cited for violating CA's "Minimum Speed Law" and that carries a fine of about $250 and 1 DMV point.

This is NOT legal advice. No attorney-client relationship exists.

2. Yes, can be ticketed (red - not allowed to stop); Believe fine is couple hundred dollars.

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

3. yes

Feel free to contact us for a consultation. Iannelli & Associates, 949 729-3171 This answer does not constitute legal advice and no attorney client relationship is created. Every case has many facts which are different and distinctly theirs, make sure that you understand this is general information and it would be advisable to constact a competent lawyer for personal legal advice.

Traffic tickets topics