Petty theft diversion program Santa clara

San Jose, CA |
Filed under: Criminal defense

If I got into a diversion program for a petty theft, will I be drug tested? Or will I only be tested if there's reasonable cause?

Theft diversion programs do not generally entail drug testing, but any particular deal may. You need to have your lawyer look into it for your particular case.

Answering your questions on this forum does NOT constitute the forming of an attorney/client relationship. The opinions rendered herein are based on general principles of law. Laws vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction and there are often numerous factors which can render advice or an opinion inapplicable. You should NOT make any decisions about the handling of a legal matter based on any opinion posted on this forum. Rather, you should directly consult with an attorney about the particulars of your case before making ANY decisions.

You won't be tested unless the judge orders that. The judge wouldn't order that unless there was some drug aspect to the case.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

The Santa Clara county theft diversion program entails a class and community service! There is generally no drug testing associated with it!

This answer does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship.