Petitioning for commuter's family member

Asked about 1 year ago - Westland, MI

Hello,
I am US commuter resident leaving in Canada and commuting to work in US on daily basis. I've been commuter since 04/2001. In 06/2001, I got married with my wife and we have three kids together.
Now, I would like to move to US and get permanent residency in US. What is the procedure to bring my family in US and get green cards for them? I would not like to be away from my family for an extended period of time. Please let me know what are my options? Thanks!

Originally I was admitted in US in 10/1999 with DV2 class of admission.

1. Russell Reid Abrutyn

Pro

6

Answered . There are several different possibilities for your family to join you in the U.S. It would depend in part on how you obtained permanent resident status.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

Pro

5

Answered . Same way like everyone else, you petition her, wait about 4 years and she will get her LPR status - this is a good illustration of why doing it the way you did is not a very good idea had you been USC, she would have been your immediate family member and the time wait could have been under a year

3. F. J. Capriotti III

4

Answered . Your facts are a bit confusing.

Are you a Canadian Citizen that has US Resident status (obtained via the Diversity Visa program) with a commuter endorsement?

Talk to an immigration lawyer, showing him/her your documents ... the process of relinquishing your commuter status might be relatively easy.