Petitioner's notice of intent to relocate with attached PPP was properly served upon the respondent (non custodial parent).

Seattle, WA |

Do I need to wait for an objection or can I proceed with scheduling hearing to get Temp Proposed PP signed into order in pierce county?

What else do I need to file and serve upon respondent to get temp Proposed PP signed by courts?

Our case is scheduled for Permanent PP modification trial w/GAL appointment 7 months from now. Will that hold up my relocation? (relocation within same state just different city/ county)

Upon proper service, including serving the GAL, the other party has 30 days to object. If no objection is filed, you may move. If an objection is filed with the Petition for modification asking for a change in custody, you would then note up a motion for temporary orders to determine if the court will allow the relocation until the time of trial. The trial will most likely be consolidated with the trial you already have scheduled. The GAL will weigh in on the relocation to determine if it is in the child's bests interests. When filing your relocation motion, you must prove that the move is in he child bests interest by arguing the 11 statutory factors set forth int eh statute.

The information is for general information purposes only. Nothing stated above should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation.

GAL appointment ordered but no GAL ordered yet until final payment from petitioner. Petitioner already has custody. Does this make a difference?

Dave Hawkins

Dave Hawkins

No -- still had to give GAL notice

Recommended articles about Family law