Petitioner in a divorce case and have to fill out the Case Management Conference Questionnaire.

San Jose, CA |

I don't know how to check the following questions off:
#2 Discovery: what is it & how do I know if it has been finished or not, and if not, what needs to be done.
#3 Declarations of Disclosure: I provided an attachment with my initial petition & summons listing what I believe I own. Is that a Preliminary Declaration of Disclosure?
#4 What is Bifurcation of Issues and do I want it given that we have no children or shared property of any kind but he has requested that spousal support paid to him be discussed at our case management conference?
#5 Do I want a settlement officer conference if I don't think my spouse will come to an agreement?
#6 How will I know how our trial will take?
#7 I don't know if I need to have Expert Witnesses

If you insist on a trial you need to know all this. Go to the self help desk at the nearest court house.

Ms. Straus (aka Carroll) may be reached at 800-400-8978 during regular business hours, Pacific Time, or anytime by email at: ECSEsquire@AOL.com. All of Ms. Straus’ responses to questions posted on Avvo are intended as helpful information based upon the facts stated in the question, and are not to be relied upon as a final legal opinion. It may not be what you wished to hear, and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Straus is licensed to practice law in California. If you would like to obtain specific legal advice about this issue, you must contact an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state, and retain him or her. Me Straus provides “unbundled” services if you need specific assistance with a specific issue.