Petitioner Died.Reaffirmed Petition.Is Substitute Sponsor now the Petitioner? and what version of I-864 does he File?

11795 |

Income of Substitute Sponsor alone is sufficient on his own to sponsor me and derivaties.

1. Yes, the substitute Sponsor is now the substitute petitioner, he or she has legally "stepped into the shoes" of the now defunct petitioner. That substitute sponsor files the main I-864 affidavit of support form as the sponsor.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. Yes, the substitute sponsor steps in the shoes of the petitioner. He she will file the same -864 that the petitioner would have filed for you.

Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail: mc@madridcrost.com; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street, Suite 3320, Chicago, IL 60603 Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please help stop notario fraud. Please visit and share this site: www.stopnotariofraud.org.

3. Yes.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics