Petitioner Birth Certificate at K1 interview

Asked over 1 year ago - Tarzana, CA

On the Appointment Package for Ho Chi Minh City In Vietnam it said to bring the petitioner birth certificate. My situation is that I was born in Vietnam and came here when I was small and after several moves my mom doesn't know where my birth certificate is anymore. Do I need the birth certificate or can I use anything else.
Also I am a naturalized U.S. citizen.

1. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . Depends on why the birth certificate is being requested.

The Court of Appeals for the Eigth Circuit has stated that "immigration laws and precedents are complex."

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

2. Jay Ignacio Nunez

2

Answered . It might be that HCM merely wants proof that the petitioner is a US citizen. In that case, the naturalization certificate will suffice. You should speak to an immigration attorney though.

3. Mayra L. Calo

2

Answered . you must provide what is requested or risk a denial. these cases are very tricky, you should speak to an attorney right away to avoid any errors that may jeopardize your future plans